Posts Tagged ‘Safari’
An informative meeting about the Safari to Tanzania will be held at the Good Zoo on Saturday, April 27 at 1:30 p.m. The meeting will include photographs, food, packing tips and provide answers to all questions!
The Good Zoo is offering an exclusive safari to Tanzania. The trip will be fully escorted by Penny Miller, Director of the Good Zoo, from October 27 to November 8, 2013. “This trip will allow you to discover quintessential African landscapes when you explore Tanzania, the perfect East African destination for any traveler with an open mind and heart to experiencing wildlife and culture, past and present,” said Miller. “A relaxed attitude combined with some of the best wildlife spotting on the continent is within affordable reach.” Miller has led previous zoo safaris to Kenya, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Zambia.
This exclusive safari will cover unforgettable spots including the unique eco-system of Ngorongoro Crater, the vast savannahs of the Serengeti, and the flamingo-lined shores of Lake Manyara. Visitors can expect to see a variety of wildlife including buffalo, wildebeest, impala, giraffe, zebra, black-maned lions, black rhinos and the elusive tree-climbing lions with glimpses of leopard, cheetah, hyena, jackal, elephant, and warthog. The trip will also include a visit to Olduvai Gorge where the roots of modern man were unearthed by the Leakeys, plus a visit to a Maasai village.
- Flights within Africa as specified. On the main safari in Tanzania: Serengeti to Arusha. On the extension, flight between Arusha/Zanzibar.
- Superior accommodations throughout.
- All meals on safari in Tanzania as well as in Zanzibar.
- All wildlife viewing by private 4X4 vehicle with photo roof, driven by a naturalist guide. A window seat is guaranteed.
- Visit to a Maasai village.
- Complimentary bottled water in vehicles and during meals.
- Professional naturalist will accompany the group with 10 travelers on the main safari.
- Penny Miller will accompany the group with a minimum 10 travelers on the main tour and 6 travelers on the extension.
- All applicable hotel and lodge taxes and gratuities.
- All park entry fees.
- Complimentary passport wallets and luggage tags.
The cost of the trip is $5,695 per person for double occupancy plus $2,200 per person for round trip air from Pittsburgh. An optional six day extension to Zanzibar from November 7 to 12, 2013 is an additional $2,195 per person.
For the full itinerary and to make reservations visit the Good Zoo website or contact Penny Miller at the Good Zoo by calling 304-243-4027.